Candy jewelry looks very attractive and unique, because it great resembles to the Swiss cheese, and you can creatively recycle plastic under this process.
- 6 recyclable plastic cups
- Heat source, such as ventilated oven
- Chain or wire to form a necklace
Time, Cost and Preparation
- It will be absolutely free, because you may have leftover cups at home with an old junk necklace, but in case you want to buy from the market, its cost can be less than $10. It takes only 60 minutes to prepare the necklace.
- In the first step, take out the bottom and top rim of the plastic glass. Now cut the plastic in the shape of large size rose petals and punch holes in the petals.
- Heat the oven at 180F and keep the plastic petals in the oven for 25 seconds only to get shrivel and buckle effect.
- Take out the petals from the oven and sieve out the pieces from the one sturdy hole towards the top. The chain should be long enough, according to the size of your neck to assemble the jewelry.
- Link all pieces together in the chain and make sure to keep the curved pieces in the outward direction to keep them away from your neck, otherwise it can cause itching.