You can create grocery bag baskets with the help of paper shopping bag, ruler, pencil and scissors. It will be a creative decoration piece for your dining table.
Design a little basket to keep photo props, paper clips and cards on the desk. It will keep your desk organized, and you can use them to hold different useful things. You can use these baskets as keepers and with the help of few simple instructions; you can create them easily at your home.
Things You Need
- Paper shopping bag
- Ruler, pen and pencil
- Scissors, small cloth pens
- Hot glue gun
Simple Steps to Follow
- Cut the seams and trims off the bottom of the bags, and measure and mark to cut 1.75” strips. You have to cut almost 20 strips to make the basket.
- Cut two strips in half and glue the four half strips on the four long ones. Fold all strips in the lateral direction and weave 6 x 6 shorter strips. After completing the process, glue the corners and weave 4 more long strips around the sides.
- Clothespins will secure the ends of the weave, so use clothespins and trim the folded strips to have enough to tuck back under the top strip.
- You have to tuck the every other strip under the top strip and final strip will be folded down inside the basket.
- Trims can be secured with the clothespins and then use glue to give the final touch to the beautiful basket.